Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ranu learns Armenian

It's almost two years we are together. During this time we've been trying to learn each others languages. Though I should admit it is me who needs to learn Hindi because I am going to live in India and communicate with people among which not all speak English. However my sweetheart tries his best to learn Armenian too. Here is a few pieces of his Armenian vocabulary with cute pronunciation of him.

Barev - hi, hello
Vonc es? -  how are you?
Inch ka chika? (he can never say chka) Wassup ?

Es lav em - I am fine
Shnorhakalutyun- Thank you
Shnorhavor - Congratulation
Shat lava - (It's) very good
Kyanqs - my life
Utem qez ... :)
Shat sirun - (It's) very beautiful

Whenever he calls on my land line and my mom picks it up he starts talking to her in Armenian. He even managed to wish my Mom on her Birthday. I was so much pleased and happy.
My sweatheart promised me to learn more. He always tells me that our children are going to be genious knowing so many languages, like Hindi, Armenian, English  as well as his native language Maithili, Russian, German... and much more :)


No comments:

Post a Comment