Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Old Armenian Calendar

Here is the link to the website called Ancient Armenian Calendar according which we are now in year 4503.
As I studied it as a discipline I'd say that the writers are not so deep dived into the subject.
On the other hand you can find basic information on how the Armenian calendar was created, why we don't use it now, what kind of festivals we had in Ancient times etc.
There are also names of months, days and day hours. you can convert any date into Armenian calendar. I remember me learning them by heart at school. That was fun for me and classmates. Especially when we were traying to find out some dates according to calendar names.

I guess it is quite fascinating to check out your birthday as I did and found out that I was born at around Sharavighyaln (the hour) on Parkhar (day) of Margats (month), 4475:))

I also put the label in the sidebar for easier access to check the date avery day.

No comments:

Post a Comment