Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Snow in Yerevan this year

It's snowing ... Finally it's snowing in Yerevan.
 I woke up in the morning and looked through the window. The ground was wet, but it wasn't raining. I was so glad I didn't have to carry an umbrella. just half an hour later, before leaving, I looked out again......

OMG It was snowing so heavily that it had already managed to lie down  ... This year the snow had not yet come: At least not for us here in the 3rd district. We have unbearable heat in summers, and in winter snow does not reach the place (perhaps that is one of the reasons why our district got the name India) That's why when I heard on TV yesterday that the snow having covered all the regions of Armenia  would reach Yerevan next 2-3 days I could hardly believe it .

I can't remember such snow since last 5-6 years. I am looking out of the window  it seems to be a wonderland. It's snowing .....

By the way, I haven't  managed to enjoy this yet. I came by taxi and ran inside. And suddenly remembered that unfortunately I forgot my camera at home, but my sister came for help. She knows that photography is my passion and after my desperate request she took some pictures and sent them to me. Here they are...

View from our balcony



The street we live in

our backyard

1 comment:

  1. It's so mesmerizing to see the white blanket over the streets and to top it all your beautiful description of the same is giving a pitch of being a real witness. I love snowfall and I wish, I could be there.

    Love your blog. Please keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete